Friday, July 8, 2011

Softball/Baseball Game News

Okay, so I was a little more active yesterday than I planned to be. I forgot to tell you that I had softball practice yesterday. Well, It was super hot, super boring, and I was super miserable. When we were finishing up, the pitcher threw the ball to me and it hit my ring finger on my right hand really hard. It started swelling right away and there was still some practice left. As soon as we were done, I ran to my dad and told him what happened. Although I didn't cry when it hit me, (I was about to cry though) I was pretty sure that I broke my finger. My dad, being my dad, said, "It's probably just a bad jam." It had turned black and blue by the time we got it home and my mom was assuming that it was broken. However, with little time left in the day and a softball tournament the next day, (that was today! We played three games and didn't win any!) we had no time to take me to the doctor. It did pretty well today. I can only bend it so far and it's still black and blue and sore, but it didn't bother me too much in the tournament (probably because we wrapped it up really well).

When I was getting on the computer my mom pointed out a little news article that popped up when I opened internet explorer. It was talking about a man who was at a Texas Rangers Game. He was on the second floor balcony when he reached out to catch a foul ball and fell headfirst off the balcony, with his son watching the whole thing. When paramedics got there, the first thing that he said was: "Please! Go check on my son! He's up there alone." After he finished this sentence, he passed away. Please pray for this man's family, especially the son. When I was reading this article, I thought about what I would do If it were my dad who fell off the balcony. I would probably be screaming when he fell off and when he had been on the groumd for a while, I would probably have started crying.

This boy must have been really brave to know that his father needed help and there was nothing that he could really do to help him. I know that I could not be as brave as this little boy was.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sad! I hope that you finger gets better soon!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete